Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Good afternoon everyone!  Today I'd like to share a great recycling idea with you all.  This cute ornament was created by toilet paper rolls.  Yes, toilet paper rolls.  I'm not sure where I got this idea, if it was Pinterest,  a craft magazine, or just saw it online, but I put my own twist on it. 

All you have to do is take the toilet paper roll and smash it flat.  Then cut it into 1/4" strips, or wider depending on how wide you want your strips to be.  Then I just layed them flat, and glued them onto a circle, and continued to decorate.  I punched out my flowers with a cute punch made by the Paper Studio.  I also used some premade flowers made by Recollections.  I then rubberstamped the image.  I just love this rubberstamp.  Then I put tacky glue on the edges, and applied mica flakes by Melissa Frances.  Hang with some frilly ribbon, and that's all there is to it.

This would be a very inexpensive project for craft fairs.  Once you start to alter toilet paper rolls, you'd be surprised by how many amazing ideas there are out there.  Hope you all have a fantastic, crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment