Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

Thank goodness it's Friday!  Although each day just seems to run into the other anymore.  Today I thought I'd share a project that I decided to make because I got these flowers at Michaels, in the bridal department, and thought they looked so beautiful just the way they are.  They were already arranged, so the hard part was done.

 I tore out pages of paper from My Minds Eye paper pack, along with pieces from old sewing patterns, that I found at the thrift store for only $1.00!  Then I glued them down with Mod Podge.  I then applied decorative rolled paper over the torn pieces.  Then I glued the ribbon trim around all the edges, and glued pom pom ribbon on top of that.  I antiqued the paper a little with chalk ink, and a paper towel.  Then I simply glued down the flowers, and then shaped the wrapped wire into a heart shape.  I glued this down with a glue gun.  That's all there was to it.  Very easy project to do.  I found the wrapped wire in Michaels in the moss, garden area.  I always look all over Michaels in every department because you would be surprised at some of the cool things you find in other areas that you never thought you could live without.  Hope you all have a safe & crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment