Translate

Friday, January 31, 2014

Well so far it's been a successful event of the Grow Your Own Blog party.  I've gotten many new followers, and I hope to get some more.  It's amazing to realize how many craft addicts there are out there.  Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

I'd like to share a couple of cards that I made because of my love of mannequins, and sewing related things.  I just love anything to do with corsets, or mannequins.  I made these cards with plain kraft cardstock, and with Tim Holtz's sewing die cut.  I cut out two images of the same mannequin, and then just cut them in half to change up the die cut.  I also took acrylic paint and brushed it onto the card stock in a dry brush mode.  For those of you who don't know how to do that, all you do is dip your brush into paint, then wipe most of the paint off on a paper towel.  Then apply it randomely to the card stock.  I punched out the leaves, and applied some paper flowers in the corner of one of the cards.  Then I rubber stamped the saying onto a round circle.  I used a plain white die cut to make the mannequin look three dimensional.  I applied foam dots to the back of the die cut to make it pop out.  I then applied a doily and added my saying with foam pop dots..





On the other card, it's done pretty much the same, I just added some chalk ink around the edges of the die cut.  I applied a white doily and topped it with two round circles.  Next I cut out the spools from the same die cut, and wrapped them with floss.  The scrolls were cut with my Cricut I believe.  I decided to add a stick pin in the back of the spools.




These designs are very simple and easy to recreate.  I used premade flowers this time, but a lot of times I'll make my own.  One of these days I'll teach you all how to make some paper flowers.  I love to make roses. I hope you all enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.  Happy crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Muy lindos tus trabajos, el de Sarah me encantó, me imagino que estará feliz con él.
    Saludos
    Maru
    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure what you wrote, as I can't seem to be able to translate it. I hope you continue to check out my site and hopefully I'll figure out what your comment said.

      Delete
  2. I love your cards and your dashboard is cute and matches. I make a couple of flowers but not many, becasue I scrapbook I don't like the bulk you get from flowers however still like the look. This card is a stitch, thanks for sharing. Where do you get coloured doilies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Cindy. I love making handmade cards, but your right, it's hard to put them on things your mailing if their too bulky. I can't remember the vendor who makes the colored doilies, but I'm sure you could find them online. I think I got them at a scrapbook convention. Hope to hear from you soon!

      Delete
  3. Just a quick note Cindy that I just saw that Michaels has colored doiley's that are made by Recollections. Good luck finding them.

    ReplyDelete