Translate

Friday, November 15, 2013

Good day everyone!  Today is a great day to share some more creative ideas.  I made this cute decoration to hang above my antique singer sewing machine.  I used brown paper bags to paint an image of an antique sewing machine (You can find cute images online). I used two pieces of brown paper bag and glued them together, but I left a small half inch opening to push fiberfill stuffing into it.  Don't use very much, you just want it to have a little dimension.  I then glued it closed.  Next I painted  the sewing machine onto the paper bag with acrylic paints.  I then used paint pens to write on it.  Then I cut all around the image with decorative scissors.  I punched a couple holes in it to thread some wire through.  Before I attached the other side I threaded on some cute wooden spools that I wrapped with embroidery thread.  Then I attached the other side of the wire.  I then tied on a cute bow with some sewing themed fabric.  This is a very inexpensive craft to make, and would be great for those craft bazaars.  You can use different images like snowmen, angels, or even Santa Claus.  I hope this gets those creative juices flowing!  Have fun, and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment