Translate

Friday, November 22, 2013

A wet and soggy hello.  It's actually raining cats and dogs in sunny Arizona.  I'd like to share a recycling project that I made with a piece of corrugated cardboard.  I added colorbox chalk ink to the cardboard in black and red.  Then I added a piece of scrap paper that I had laying around and tore the edges to make it look shabby.  I then added some great pictures of my beautiful mom taken when she was a little girl, and when she turned sweet 16.  Underneath the picture of her as a little girl is a picture of her in her bathing suit.  I made it look like she had legs coming out of her head.  I have no idea why I did this, but I just liked the quirky look of it. 

I then added a clock face from Tim Holt's line, and antiqued it with black and brown ink.  Then I added some cute corner ladybugs on her picture.  I poked some holes in the cardboard to add a funky ribbon ball trim to hang it by.  I added a cute black butterfly in the corner that I found at a local rubber stamp show. Then I added an epoxy sign, and I decided to add a pop of color in the corner with some cute paper flowers. 

Since I lost my mom last year I've been trying to use some of the old family pictures a lot more in my crafting.  I guess it's my way of keeping her close to me.  This was another one of those recycling crafts that don't cost much, but looks really great.  I hope you all enjoy it, and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment