Translate

Friday, March 4, 2016

Hi everyone!!  Hope all's well with all of you!  I'm doing good.  Better now that my arm is finally healed.  I've been busy working on a lot of various crafts.  I've been learning how to do draw whimsical ladies.  I've been taking online classes by Christy Tomlinson, Cathy Bluteau, Jane Davenport, and Tamara Laporte.  One of these days I'll post some pictures of my latest creations.  I've been practicing for about a year now.  I hear all the time from people that they could never do that.  Believe me when I say that I NEVER thought I could draw.  I just started watching youtube videos, and practicing a lot.  Low and behold I started to get a little better.  Not much, but a little.  At least twice a week I try and draw.  It's made such a difference.  All you need to do is practice!  I'm so proud of myself for trying.  I have to get that negative voice in my head to be quiet, because I'm my own worst critic.

On to the crafts!  Today I wanted to share another village collage that I did recently.  This is in the same style as another collage I did here a couple of months ago.  I took a class from Cathy Bluteau, called It Takes a Village.  She even has a free class once a month.  Love that!  I love her style.  You can find her at Cathyb.typepad.com.  My collage is done with a shabby chic look.  Most of the paper is from Die Cuts With a View.  Some of the pieces I used foam dots to add some dimension.  Then I highlighted everything with a black pen, and added extra doodling with a white pen.  I hope you like it!  Happy crafting!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment