Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

Art Show

Wow, do I have exciting news to share.  I know it's been quite awhile, but I really have a good excuse.  I've been working on some new pieces to enter into a art show.  Every year I submit my collages, and I've been lucky to win first place for the last two years.  This year I entered three pieces. One of them is this beautiful collage, which includes one of Julie Nutting's stamps made by Prima.




This collage won first prize!!!!  How exciting is that?  The animal chipboard pieces are by Claudine Hellmouth.  Aren't they adorble!  Then I won second and third prize for my other two collages.   I already posted the second place collage in an earlier post.  Here is the second place collage:



I'll share the third place collage in a future post.  So you see I really had a good excuse for not posting in quite awhile.  I'm busy working on Christmas ornaments right now.  I'll be posting more on these in a later post.  I hope you all enjoyed my fantastic news.  It just goes to show that you should stretch beyond your comfort zone.  I never thought I'd win, let alone first, second and third place!  Now I'm hoping to send more of my work to some magazines to see about getting published.  Cross your fingers and wish me luck!  Happy crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment