Translate

Monday, July 7, 2014

Hope you all had a great 4th of July!  Mine was great!  Very relaxing for a change.  I've been restoring an old dresser that I found at a thrift store, and will be sharing pictures of it on here for all of you soon.  I can't believe the transformation.  Well, on with the craft project I wanted to share today.

I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to share.  It was a toss up between a card or a cute tin.  I decided on the card, and will share the tin another day.  This card I made was done with an embossing folder.  That is the part on the dress with the flowers on it.  After I embossed the design onto a piece of pink card stock, I cut out a pattern of a dress.  I then ran chalk ink along the edges and on top of the embossed flower to help the embossing pop out a little.

Then I made a clothes hanger out of a piece of craft wire, found in the jewelry department in Michaels.  If you don't want to make one, then I think Tim Holtz has some premade one's in his craft line.  I then glued a piece of lace hearts to the bottom of the dress.  I put foam dots underneath the dress and then applied the dress to a sheet of Martha Stewart's patterned paper, which I then applied to a sheet of green card stock, that I edged with chalk ink again.  I applied some pretty flowers in each of the four corners.  Last but not least, is the cute bumblebee (Martha Stewart) that I added next to the dress.  The result is a cute, quick card that a lot of women would love to receive.  I hope you all get some creative ideas, and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment