Translate

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wow, time does fly.  I've been camping in New Mexico.  What an amazing beautiful area.  I actually brought a suitcase filled with craft projects.  I even decoupaged a walking stick in camp.  That's a true craft addict for you!  Believe it or not, I actually did craft in camp.  It was truly an amazing and fun experience!  I can craft anywhere!

Today I wanted to share my artist apron with you.  I bought a canvas apron at Michaels.  I then decided to spray it with Dylusions spray ink.  I put down a doily stencil, alphabet lettering stencils, a banner stencil, and a honeycomb stencil.  Then I sprayed the inks on top of it.  I used a lot of bright colors, and tried to let them dry between each color.  I then stenciled a couple of birds on top of that.

Then I cut out some butterflies out of fabric, and glued them down with fabric glue.  This particular apron didn't have any pockets, and when I'm working I really need pockets to help control my crafting messes.  I had gotten some cute fabric a long time ago, at Hancock's, and thought it would be adorable on the apron.  I was right.  I then sewed on the fabric, making pockets for even more organization.  As you can see below, it turned out so cute that I don't want to wear it.  I don't think the inks I used are washing machine proof, but that didn't matter to me, because I doubt if I will ever wash it.  I used Tim Holt's tattered angel die to create a flower on the top of the apron.  I put a button in the middle of the flower.  It's a messy flower, but that is the charm of it.  I hope you all enjoy this cute and easy project.  Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment