Translate

Monday, June 17, 2013

Today I thought I'd share a collage piece that I did through a course I took through the Brave Girls Club. Melody Ross teaches these classes called, Brave Girl Art School 1, through her website.  You can find her at bravegirlsclub.com.  These classes have changed my life.  She tries to teach you to alter the course of your life for the better.  She teaches so many creative techniques.  She's so inspiring, and I hope you all check her out.  It could change your life.  It did mine.

This collage is made on a 11x14 canvas that I textured with paint.  The butterflies and the flowers are by Martha Stewart, and I used bakers twine for the stem.  The small framed area to the right is a embroidered piece I did that I bought at Michaels.  I mounted this onto cardboard, then applied foam adhesive dots to the back to pop it up some.  The letters are wood magnets that I painted, then applied a dimensional glaze to the top.  I just love the colors of this collage, and it just reminds me to continue to grow, and try new things.  I hope your all inspired to go out of your comfort zone and try something new.  You'll be pleasantly surprised if you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment